Tasty Multipurpose Tomato Sauce.
You can have Tasty Multipurpose Tomato Sauce using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tasty Multipurpose Tomato Sauce
- Prepare 1 large of Onion.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 8 large of Tomatoes (chopped).
- It’s 1 tsp of Tomato puree.
- You need 1 tbsp of Basil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Mixed herbs.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need 1 tsp of Chilli (optional).
- It’s 1 of Salt & pepper.
- You need 1 dash of Olive oil.
Tasty Multipurpose Tomato Sauce instructions
- Finely chop onion and garlic. Heat a little olive oil in a pan on a low heat and add the onion to soften. After a few minutes add the garlic. Cook both until soft..
- Add chop tomatoes to the pan and stir. You could use two tins of tomatoes instead of the 8 fresh tomatoes stated in the ingredients list..
- Add all other ingredients and stir well. Cool for around 30 mins on a low heat. Once cooked blend mixture with hand blender to make smooth..
- This sauce can be used for pasta, pizza, bolognese sauce, lasagne and chilli. For pizza just make sauce a little thicker. For bolognese add browned mince and a beef stock cube and then cook for an further hour, this meat sauce can then be used for your lasagne. For a chilli con carne add fresh chill, coriander and kidney beans to your meat sauce and serve with rice..