Korean Seafood Pancake. Haemul pajeon is a popular Korean savory pancake made with scallions and seafood. In Korea, haemul pajeon is often paired with makgeolli (Korean milky rice wine). Make the pancake batter per the following.
These crispy seafood pancakes get a spicy tang from the kimchi that's mixed into the batter. To add more heat to the dish, thinly slice a hot chile pepper and add it to the dipping sauce. This crispy-yet-tender classic Korean seafood pancake is beloved by many. You can have Korean Seafood Pancake using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Korean Seafood Pancake
- Prepare 1 cup of assorted seafood (squid, shrimp, clams & etc) cut into bite size.
- You need 1 of ts sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 bunch of scallions cut in half.
- It’s 1 of egg lighly beaten.
- It’s 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of rice flour.
- Prepare 1/2 of ts salt.
- It’s 1 of ts minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 of ts minced ginger.
This traditional scallion pancake, known as pajeon haemul, features fresh whole scallions embedded in a savory pancake batter. This savory pancake is very filling and so easy to make; a little batter, some scallions, a mix of your choice of Serve with a little miso soup or kimchi. Daniel shows you how to make Korean Seafood Pancakes. This pancakes is very popular in Korean during the rainy season.
Korean Seafood Pancake step by step
- Prepare the seafood and scallions. Drain any excess water (wet ingredients will make the pancake soggy).
- Mix the all purpose flour, rice flour & salt in a large bowl. Add icy cold water and beaten egg into the mixture. Adjust the water until the batter is slightly thick but still runny..
- Add the seafood, minced garlic,minced ginger & scallions to the batter. Mix well.
- Heat 2-3 tbs of oil on a non stick pan. Ladle 1/2 of the mixture on to the pan and spread evenly into a thin round shape..
- Cook over medium high heat until golden brown on the bottom. Carefully flip and cook until golden brown.
I try to make this classic dish right before my reserve army training. Seafood Pancakes, and the three amigos. My friend Lily called me the other day and asked if I can post the recipe for Korean seafood pancakes. Scallions are important for this recipe, and you can easily make it into vegetarian by omitting prawns. Korean Seafood Pancake (pronounced Haemul Pajeon) is one of the most popular types of pancakes in Korea.