Steak, Green Pepper, & Tomato Tacos. For a delicious, fast meal, try this flavorful beef dinner loaded with tomatoes and peppers. What a perfect recipe to use garden vegetables of the season! This pepper steak stir fry is thinly sliced flank steak cooked with red and green bell peppers in a savory sauce.
We like to use red and green peppers (because they make the dish so dang pretty!), but you can swap in whatever colors you like best. Add green pepper,cook and stir until meat is completely brown. Mix water and cornstarch, add to meat and cook and stir until peppers are tender and sauce has thickened. You can cook Steak, Green Pepper, & Tomato Tacos using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steak, Green Pepper, & Tomato Tacos
- It’s 1 lb of diced steak.
- You need 1 of roasted green bell pepper; large dice.
- Prepare 6 of roma tomatoes; seeded & large dice.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic; minced.
- Prepare 1 t of Mexican oregano.
- You need 1 t of fresh thyme; minced.
- You need 1 t of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 t of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 t of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 8 of tortillas; quickly heated on stove burner.
- Prepare of vegetable oil; as needed.
- You need of kosher salt & black pepper; as needed.
Pepper steak (Chinese: 青椒牛肉; pinyin: qīngjiāoniúròu) is a stir-fried Chinese American dish consisting of sliced beef steak (often flank, sirloin, or round) cooked with sliced green and/or red bell peppers and other seasonings such as soy sauce and ginger, and usually thickened with cornstarch. Remove steaks and tomatoes from the oven, add any resulting meat juices to the sauce. This delicious Southern pepper steak recipe calls for both green and red bell peppers and can be made with either chuck, blade, or round steaks—whatever your preference, it will be equally good! learn how to make Chinese Pepper Steak / Beef Tomatoes and Green Pepper. Our Green Pepper Steak has tender beef, peppers and onions in a tangy soy sauce over white rice.
Steak, Green Pepper, & Tomato Tacos step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Coat green pepper in vegetable oil. Place directly on stove grate to sit atop the burner flame. Char until completely black on each side. Place in a bowl and cover with seran wrap..
- Toss tomatoes in enough oil to coat. Add half the thyme and a pinch of salt & pepper. Place on top rack of oven for approximately 5 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften and char..
- Peel charred skin off bell peppers and cut into large dice..
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a large cast iron pan. Add steak. Season. Saute over high heat. When steak has nearly reached desired doneness, add green bell peppers, tomatoes, and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Serve..
- Variations; Other roasted bell peppers or jalapeños/serrano/poblano/etc, ground jalapeño powder, coriander seed, cilantro, scallions, cumin, chives, chile powder, ancho chile, bacon, oregano, zucchini, sofrito, vinegar, avocado, shallots, habanero, jalapeño, celery, celery seed, worchestershire, paprika, smoked paprika, crushed pepper flakes, goat cheese, chayote, nopales, chimichurri, tamarind, salsa rojo, salsa ranchero, refried beans, crema, chipotle, adobo, mole, chihuahua, queso fresco, cotija, lime,.
Green Pepper Steak with tomatoes and onions, served over rice for a complete meal. I've also researched pepper steak recipes that include canned tomatoes added to the sauce at the end. Cut steak into thin strips across the. salt, garlic powder, pepper and ginger; stir-fry over high . minutes. Add tomato, green pepper, bean sprouts, water chestnuts. with hot, fluffy rice. Top view of cut green bell pepper on white wooden cutting board.