This blog post was created prior to the Coronavirus outbreak and recent CDC social distancing recommendations. As many of us are spending more time at home, I hope this recipe inspires you to try something new and brings some joy. Stay safe!
If you are looking for an easy yummy snack you should try this Macaroni and cheese muffins recipe. This Macaroni and cheese muffins make for a tasty summer dinner that you can make it easy. The Macaroni and cheese muffins recipe today I am going to share will surely make you relish the taste of home. Let’s explore the Macaroni and cheese muffins recipe.
Macaroni and cheese muffins. These macaroni and cheese muffins are the perfect portable comfort food! Try them for dinner on a busy weeknight. These macaroni and cheese muffins are a kid favorite!
The addition of eggs helps the muffins hold their shape and ensures that they retain their moisture and viscosity even when cold. These Macaroni and Cheese Muffins a great way to recreate a kid-friendly meal into an easily transportable snack option. What's even better is that they're nice and easy to put together, and would make a great inclusion to a child's lunchbox as well. Before preparing the dish, I have done some research on how to make Macaroni and cheese muffins easily with perfect taste. You can cook Macaroni and cheese muffins using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Yummy Macaroni and cheese muffins Recipe Ingredients
- Prepare 2 cup of whole grain macaroni.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of broccoli florets, uncooked.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
These macaroni and cheese muffins are easy to make with one bowl and a great snack or side dish. The next time you have leftover macaroni and cheese you should make these macaroni and cheese muffins. These Macaroni and Cheese Muffins are a fun way to change up your kid's favorite dinner. They're perfect to pack in a lunchbox or for an after school snack!
How to make Macaroni and cheese muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease muffin pan or add cupcake liners.
- Boil macaroni according to package directions.
- In a skillet, melt butter and add flour. Whisk together over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Gradually add milk to butter and flour. Whisk constantly for 10 minutes over medium heat until it begins to thicken.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in most of cheese and all of the macaroni.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill muffin cups with 2 tablespoons of mac and cheese mixture.
- Add a layer of broccoli or peas to each cup.
- On top of the vegetables, fill each muffin cup with remaining mac and cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle paprika and cheese on top of each muffin.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, until muffins begin to brown.
Add sausage and peas for a protein boost and watch your kids gobble them up. Just popping in with another lunchbox-friendly recipe. Macaroni and cheese is one of the most loved family meals of all time. Learn how to prepare this easy Macaroni and Cheese Muffins recipe like a pro. Make a big batch of this recipe to have on hand for lunches or.