Chili Lemongrass Meatballs. If you're looking for meatballs that will rock your world, these Lemongrass Vietnamese Meatballs are it. These are really really good meatballs. Savory, Juicy, and hint of citrus from lemongrass.
Simmons's own recipe owes a debt to his meatballs, as well as to her honeymoon trip to Vietnam. The combination of lemongrass, a few dashes of fish sauce and tons of fresh herbs creates a salty. These juicy Thai-style pork meatballs are deliciously flavored with lemongrass, ginger and garlic. You can cook Chili Lemongrass Meatballs using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chili Lemongrass Meatballs
- Prepare 2.5 pounds of ground pork.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of oil for sweating aromatics.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of minced onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of minced shallots.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2-3 Tablespoons of minced chili of your choice (I used serranos this time).
- It’s 1/4 cup of very finely chopped lemongrass (just the white ends).
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare of zest of 1 lime.
- It’s 3-4 Tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro.
- You need 2.5 Tablespoons of fish sauce.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1-2 Tablespoons of oil, depending on how fatty your ground pork is, for the meatball mix.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of oil for rolling meatballs.
As an appetizer these meatballs are amazing with the intensely flavorful dipping sauce. Put spring onions, garlic, lemongrass, coriander, soy sauce and some seasoning into a food processor. Serve meatballs with the sauce, boiled rice and seasonal vegetables..dish with flavorful chicken meatballs, infused with the citrusy zing of lemongrass and aromatics. Chill pork in freezer while making lemongrass paste.
Chili Lemongrass Meatballs step by step
- Sweat the onion, shallots, garlic, chilies, and lemongrass in the 2 teaspoons oil in a pre-heated medium pan for 4 minutes or so, or until the onions are translucent..
- Preheat oven to 450F..
- Combine all of the rest of the ingredients with the sweated onions, etc. in a large mixing bowl, and massage all ingredients together until they are just evenly incorporated..
- Line a sheetpan or cookie sheet with foil, and lightly oil the foil..
- Lightly oil your hands and form roughly 1 ¾” meatballs, placing them at least 1.5 inches away from the next meatball in your sheetpan or cookie sheet. The oil not only helps to keep the meatball mixture from sticking to your hands, but it helps the meatball sear more quickly, therefore retaining the juices..
- Place the sheetpan in the oven so that the top of the meatballs is about 4 inches away from the top heat element. (Usually either the first or second rack in most ovens.) Bake for 13 minutes..
- Then turn the oven to broil and broil an additional minute to two minutes to achieve desired browning on top..
- Enjoy! :).
Chicken, vegetables, and fresh herbs are simmered in an aromatic lemongrass broth in this Cambodian soup recipe perfect for a weeknight. Tender Mongolian Meatballs are not only FILLED with Asian flavour — they are smothered in the BEST homemade Mongolian sauce! teaspoons lemongrass, chopped fine. Gently heat the sugar and fish sauce in a non-stick saucepan until the sugar has melted and mixture starts to thicken. The Best Lemongrass Ginger Chicken Recipes on Yummly Lemongrass Ginger Chicken In Lettuce Cups, Grilled Ginger Chicken Meatballs in Miso Broth with Bok ChoyNo Spoon Necessary.