Best calzones ever. These will be the best calzones you will ever make. They are easy and very tasty. The dough is made in the bread machine.
The sauce and the calzone both freeze well. To quote my husband "This is the best calzone I've ever had!" I used Italian seasoning instead of the basil and cheddar and mozzarella instead of just chedder. I was very pleased to find this recipe because it's so hard to find a true Italian Calzone in my area. You can cook Best calzones ever using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best calzones ever
- It’s 2 of rolls unbaked pie dough.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 4 cup of shredded mozz cheese.
- It’s 1/2 lb of italian sausage.
- It’s 1 can of mushrooms.
- You need 1 packages of pepperoni.
- You need 1 can of pizza sauce.
If so, you have to check out our 'secret' technique that will make the best thin-crust pizza you've ever made at home. If you're going to go through the trouble of making calzones by hand, you should consider preserving your own tomato sauce as well (if you don't already). These calzones come together in a snap, and are a great way to sneak a few veggies into your kid's diet. The best part is they are small so it makes it easy for little hands to pick up and eat.
Best calzones ever instructions
- Preheat oven 400°.
- Brown sausage. Drain.
- Place opened pie crust on each side of baking sheet… With half roll on the pan and half roll off the pan.
- Layer ingredients in any way.
- Fold over excess dough. Pinch edges together… Beat egg and seal with fork …by dipping fork into eggs and pressing alongside edges….
- Poke holes in top of calzone and brush with remaining eggs.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Plus they taste like pizza and there's even a dipping sauce! Made your Ultimate Pizza Calzones with your Best Pizza Dough today and can't thank you enough! WOW – these were the best calzones I've ever eaten! Best compliment I can give, as those of us who cook/bake are usually our own worst/toughest critics. This Calzone Recipe will take your Italian favorite to a new level – loaded with sausage, pepperoni, mozzarella, ricotta, Parmesan cheese and vegetables wrapped in soft and fluffy calzone dough.