Dad's Famous Chili. When I was growing up, my dad would say the same thing as just about any other dad, claiming that So if you're looking for some chili that your father would call his "world famous" chili without having. My dad's famous, award-winning, much loved secret chili recipe! This recipe is my Dad's recipe that he's been making for years.
Dad's not so secret recipe, made with Ragu tomato sauce! Dad's Famous Chili by Melissa Freeman. When he arrives in the office, he spills the chili onto the floor and desperately tries to clean it up, managing only to slip several times, stain his clothing. You can have Dad's Famous Chili using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dad's Famous Chili
- It’s 4/5 lbs of ground beef (lean ish).
- It’s 1/5 lbs of ground pork.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion (Chopped) (Can substitute white).
- Prepare 15 oz of kidney beans (1 can) (Can substitute pinto).
- You need 14 1/2 oz of fire roasted diced tomatoes (1 can).
- It’s of (Don't like largish chunks of tomatoes in your chili? You can substitute petite diced, but you won't find these in fire roasted).
- Prepare 2-4 oz of diced jalapeños (optional but tasty) (1/2 to 1 small can).
- It’s 1.25 oz of Chili seasoning (1 packet).
- It’s 8 oz of sliced baby bellas (optional) (1 basket).
- It’s of Optional toppings:.
- It’s of Shredded cheddar cheese (to taste).
- Prepare of Sour cream (to taste).
- It’s of Sliced black olives (to taste).
- Prepare of Tabasco sauce (to taste).
One more would make it too farty 🙂. The Best World Famous Chili Recipes on Yummly David's Famous Chili, Emily's Famous Chili, Elmo's Famous Chili. My dad's famous, award-winning, much loved secret chili recipe!
Dad's Famous Chili instructions
- Grab a 3+ quart pot at minimum. (preferably 4+ quart)..
- In your pot, brown the beef and pork together along with the onions. Drain off excess fat..
- Add the kidney beans, the tomatoes and the jalapeños (optional) without draining the cans first and mix together. This is the liquid that the chili will stew in..
- Mix in chili seasoning..
- Bring to a boil. (About 5-10 minutes).
- Simmer covered for 60-90 minutes. (I prefer around 90).
- Serve and enjoy!.
Reviews for: Photos of Emily's Famous Chili. Art's Famous Chili Dogs is a hot dog stand located in Los Angeles, California. It is well known for its chili dogs, which have been praised by a variety of Los Angeleno media outlets. Freddies Famous Chili recipe: A family favorite for years with a few modern day changes. A little sweet, a little spicy. perfection.