This blog post was created prior to the Coronavirus outbreak and recent CDC social distancing recommendations. As many of us are spending more time at home, I hope this recipe inspires you to try something new and brings some joy. Stay safe!
If you are looking for an easy and tasty dinner try this Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn recipe. This Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn make for a tasty summer dinner that you can make it easy. The Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn recipe today I am going to share will surely make you relish the taste of home. Let’s explore the Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn recipe.
Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn.
Before preparing the dish, I have done some research on how to make Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn easily with delicious taste. You can have Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Yummy Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn Recipe Ingredients
- You need of Garlic Butter.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Quality Salted Butter [like Tilamook].
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Table Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Olive Oil [very small dash].
- It’s of Popcorn.
- Prepare 1 cup of Uncooked Popcorn Kernels [or, 2 bags microwave popcorn].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Cheese & Salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Quality Powdered Parmesan Cheese [or, as desired].
- It’s of Powdered Popcorn Salt [optional].
- Prepare of Equipment.
- You need 1 of Ziplock Bag.
- It’s 1 large of Pot With Tight Fitting Lid.
How to make Mike's Garlic Parmesan Popcorn step by step
- In a Ziplock Bag, heat your garlic butter and ingredients listed in that section. Leave bag unzipped and watch bag very closely while in the microwave. The bag WILL melt. Just heat butter enough to melt it..
- Once melted, zip up bag, lightly massage butter and let sit on the counter for a few minutes to allow the garlic to infuse into the butter..
- Heat the oil and garlic powder on high heat in a large pot with lid. Add raw corn kernels, mix and place lid on top. Cook / shake vigorously for 1 minute +. Or, until all kernels are fully popped but, not burnt. If using microwavable bags, cook to manufactures specifications. But, watch, listen and smell closely. Microwavable popcorn burns VERY easily..
- Massage garlic butter bag again and snip a [very slight] opening in the corner of the bag. Just big enough that any minced garlic can freely exit it and the butter sauce only drizzles..
- Evenly drizzle garlic butter over popcorn and sprinkle powdered parmesean cheese over the damp surfaces. You don't want your popcorn saturated. Just lightly coated. I use a high quality, lightly powdered Parmesan from our local pizzeria. Salt with a fine popcorn salt [like McDonald's salt] if desired as well. Mix up popcorn. Repeat again, then, as you desire..
- Unless you own a very fine cheese grader – like Olive Garden uses -don't use fresh grated parmesean. It'll only fall to the bottom of your bowl and you won't taste it at all. Sprinkled Rosemary goes well with this recipe as well. Enjoy!.